Monday, May 14, 2012

Better Than The Song Before


For this next song, I picked a situation with a girl that felt she was in love with me from my last year of school.

I had written the verses for this song but was stuck on what the hook or chorus line could be.  It came to the night before I was due to record this track.  As I walked into my living room, I heard something on TV and it hit me out of the blue.

Quickly before the moment passed, I found my lyric sheet & wrote it down.

The name of the song I came up with was “I don’t want a lover”

After being in the studio the last time I knew I wasn’t going to be behind the mic. 

From the opening cord I felt this could be a good song.  We laid it down on tape and I listened to it a number times on the ride home.

With this song I allowed some friends to listen to the track.  Their thoughts were, “the poor girl” I was writing about but at the same time wanted to listen to the song again as soon as it finished.

Now I am not photogenic in anyway but I have decided to put a photo with me in a scenario related to the song.



The lyrics to this and my other tracks are at www.asimplisticstart.blogspot.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment