Saturday, April 28, 2012

No Light On This Song

With the previous song “Do you want him”, I took a tape of it into Phil at the local music shop and played it.  He thought it was pretty good and ready to go on the shelf right then.  Just a pity I only had one copy.

With that boost of confidence I started on my next piece, "Always the same".

After spending a couple of weeks on the lyrics, I went back into the studio.

Once in the studio the construction of the song started out wrong and continued along that way, topped off by my first voice recording.  In hindsight the tempo of the song didn’t match what I had envisaged for the mood I wanted to create.

Thus, this recording is the song that will never see the light of day, but has given me the idea which lends itself to me putting all the lyrics of this first album on line. This lyric web site is also for people who want to know the words to these songs as well as for people who want to read it as poetry, and no music.
 
Also if any musician’s wanted to use any of the lyrics and put their own musical spin on them then we can work something out. Also if any musicians want lyrics written for them, they can contact me.

I’ll upload each tracks lyrics on line a short time before uploading the song until the concluding fifteenth track of this album.


The name of the site is the title I would have given to this album if it had been released: www.asimplisticstart.blogspot.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment